Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 wifi inconsistent and light blinks intermittently

PBSuds
Aspirant

C7000v2 wifi inconsistent and light blinks intermittently

Is the wifi light on the front supposed to blink intermittently?  I don't mean the 2.5 and 5 lights, but the wifi on/off light.  Occasionally the two computers in the house will have "Connected No Internet" status that will either take a disconnect/reconnect to fix, or an actual reboot of the modem.  There are other minor symptoms, but those are the easy ones for the sake of brevity. Things work okay enough that it is not broken broken, but something definitely seems "off".

It is my understanding the wifi light is pretty much just and Off/On indicator, so blinking would be a problem, yes?  I'm bummed that there is no support at all after 90 days--and I'm at 94 days right now Smiley Sad.  It sure seems like a hardware issue, so I don't think Spectrum would have much to say about it.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 wifi inconsistent and light blinks intermittently

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset been performed and setup from scratch? 

Message 2 of 3
PBSuds
Aspirant

Re: C7000v2 wifi inconsistent and light blinks intermittently

I did do a factory reset yesterday and the light still blinks intermittently.  I haven't been dumped yet today, but like I said it's not consistent enough to just plain know something is borked.  I've just changed the channels from Auto/1 to 6 on the 2.4Ghz and from 153 to 124 (random choice) on the 5Ghz.

It's a condo complex. Not super dense, but sure there are more than a few nearby.  Would interference from other signals cause a symptom like this though?  If I were just plain losing the connection to the unit altogether that would make sense to me, but the clients all being connected with a full signal indicator but "Connected No Internet" is what's throwing me off.  The light on the modem blinking like that looks like it's malfuctioning, but I'm not knowledgable enough about it to know for sure, and internet search came up with a few matches, but nothing really useful.  The TV is the only thing besides a Hue hub that are ethernet connected full time, but there have never been any obvious disconnections there.

About the only thing I notice is that the Nighthawk app barks that my firmware is out of date, but the 1.02.09 I'm on matches what Spectrum has in their KB for this model.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7