Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 wifi only issues

crzyfst
Aspirant

C7000v2 wifi only issues

Got my device back in 2018 and worked great with comcast for over a year, then put away in a box until now.  My last home was not crowded though and neighbors 100ft or more away.  Different home and have spectrum now.  Set it back up and wifi was acting up, did a factory reset and things seemed better but turns out still having wifi issues.  The internet is fine.  2.4ghz was set to auto and i manually set it to 1.  5ghz I have tried 36, 48 and now 153. I"m in a neighborhood (neighbors <=50ft away), but wifi is not overly crowded.  i can see other SSIDs and they all must be on auto because they jump around on channels.  I pick a clear channel and next time I look other devices are using that too. 

Devices I have are a couple Rokus, laptops and phones.  House has a basement.  The roku down there sees both 2.4 and the 5 bands as good to excellent.  I have tried it on both and will be ok for an hour or so and then just randomly stops.

Today one laptop within 20 feet of router, same open main room lost connectivity.  I"m not sure what to look at/try next.

I have a ubiquiti UDM Pro I"m currently setting up.  It's wired in and has a wifi 6 pro off it.  That seems to be very stable, no connection loss.  That AP is set to auto for the bands.  This is how I have narrowed it down to just the wifi part of my c7000v2. 

Logs are pretty clean, and just show DHCP leases mainly.  The event log show nothing today.

Oh and have security set, so no open SSIDs.  Other than channels,ssids and passwords, I think all settings are still default since my reset.

Looking for any ideas/suggestion/insight that might be helpful.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: C7000v2 wifi only issues

Hi crzyfst,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. Just to clarify your isolation process, having devices connected to the C7000 wifi network, cause the internet to randomly stop. When the issue is happening, does your wireless devices still connected to the C7000 wifi network and just no Internet only? Also, during the test, does your Ubiquiti UDM Pro connected to the C7000 at that time?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7