Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000x2 cutting out on and off the past week , and the Nighthawk app won't let me into my router

midian5214
Aspirant

C7000x2 cutting out on and off the past week , and the Nighthawk app won't let me into my router.

Hello,

Hey @FURRYe38 I'm again... or anyone else that can help.?.

My C7000x2 has been going on and off with connecting to the internet several times a day for the past week or two. Usually, I would unplug, reset, etc. But, today is different as all my WIFI, ie: TV, phone, xbox s, etc. isn't able to get access to the wifi modem, only my desk top which is hard wired. I tried going thru the Nighthawk app on my phone, and it says my "router is not set up", and when I get to the "Change the Admin password", it Will Not accept anything I put in. It says in red- "Only alphanumeric(english only) characters are allowed", no matter what it says I need to put in, it won't let me go on to the next step. Also, when I hit the next button it says; "Please check and enter valid details..."  I've unplugged, shut off, and reset several times... I am out off solutions, can you help please?

Thank You,

midian5214

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000x2 cutting out on and off the past week , and the Nighthawk app won't let me into my router

I would Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Then log in to routerlogin.com or 192.168.0.1 or .1.1 using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

How do you have Advanced wifi settings configured? 

Message 2 of 3
midian5214
Aspirant

Hey FURRYe38,

My PC is already wired to the modem wifi router, and I did the reset, went to the http://192.168.0.1 page and there it went to the Netgear page, telling basically to down load/use the Nighthawk app which I tried earlier(no Genie anymore), and it won't let me get past the "Change Admin Password"(which I mentioned earlier). So, I did the http://192.168.1.1 page, and that one says "Page can't be found".?. 

I've tried everything that I could think of that has worked in the past weeks, but not being able to get into the Nighthawk app, with it "saying that the modem/router isn't set up".?? Go through the set up till the Admin password change, and that's where it won't take any PW I configure to go on to the next page... I'm lost...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7