Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100V - Can't activate with Comcast

rarossin
Aspirant

C7100V - Can't activate with Comcast

Hi, I'm trying to install my new router on Windows 10. I've been able to get it to come online and can log in to change the  password. When I call Comcast to activate the modem, they can access the modem but then their actions lose the online status. They cannot complete the activation. 

Any thoughts? Thanks

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C7100V - Can't activate with Comcast

You may need a higher level of support from comcast seems to be a issue in there system to add the modems mac address in order for it to work.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
rarossin
Aspirant

Re: C7100V - Can't activate with Comcast

Thanks, DarrenM. It was Comcast all along. They never fail to disappoint. There was a physical filter on the line which blocked (oh sorry 'filtered') enough of the channels C7100 needed to connect. Filter removed - problem solved. One silver lining, while waiting for the helpful technician we switched back to my old Arris TG 862 which mysteriously then went from 180 mps to 210 mps. I asked helpful tech guy about this - "They opened up more channels on their end." With the filter removed, new channels opened and the C7100, I'm now getting 240 mps. 

PSA, if you can't initially connect your C7100 and Comcast is having you check that you connected the coax cable tightly or suggesting your modem is defective, take a look at your line and see if there's a filter installed. 24 channels up, 8 down only works if Comcast allows it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comcast+filter+online&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj03YWs04T...:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7