Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100V Slow internet speed

Ed_Dowdy
Aspirant

C7100V Slow internet speed

My internet download speeds have gone into the dumper. I used to get 180Mbps downloads consistently. Uploads have remained as usual at 25Mbps. If I restart the router it bouces back to around 125-150. Then after just a couple minutes it back to 6-30Mbps. I have reset the modem to factory defaults and reconfigured it. No joy. I noticed the DS/US light is flashing. This router is fed to Linksys Velop mesh router and beyond that a Cysco 8 port switch. I can plug directly into the 7100 and get the same results. It's not running in bridge mode as I found no way to turn the NAT mode off. Nor could I find anyway to turn bridge mode on. Firmware is current V2.01.30. Cable provider is Comcast.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C7100V Slow internet speed

Are you able to post the modems logs and power levels?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Ed_Dowdy
Aspirant

Thanks DarrenM,

The problem has been resolved. It wasn't the modem/router as the Comcast (Whom I believe was somewhere in India) CSR said it was. I requested a technician pay me a visit. He was here today and found a connection issue. He replace the coaxial connector on the cable to the modem and one outside the house. The DS/US locked immediately. The speed went back to it's usual 12ms ping/180Mbps download/25Mbps upload. All is right with the world. One thing I think I might do, is turn the router mode off. As I am only using it as a modem and eMta phone modem. All router functions are handled by my Linksys Velop mesh system.

Message 3 of 4
Ed_Dowdy
Aspirant

Turning the router function off was not a good idea. I lost my connection to the router and my internet connection. Reset router to factory. Turned off the Wifi radios and all is good! I'll quit experimenting. It's working as it should.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7