Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100V no longer can edit wireless access list

Pugless55
Aspirant

C7100V no longer can edit wireless access list

Firmware version on the router is 2.01.42. Model is a c7100v wifi/router/voice. I have always been able to edit the wireless access list to add new devices. Now for some reason I cannot edit or add a device. At time when I try to get to that page it returns "file not found" and does not show the wirelless acces list. Since firmware is controled by Comcast I cannot try to reload firmware (no file to down oad on netgear site), but have reset the router with reset button. (Factory reset) I then tried to add a device and its MAC address and it would not add it to the blank list. Have tried from several conputers and different browsers with same results. Reloaded the backup config file, but still could not edit or add to the list (Advanced/Advanced setup/Wireless settings/setup access list). Today I again get the "file not found" after clicking on the setup access list button.

Need some advice on where to start.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7100V no longer can edit wireless access list

What browser are you using? Try IE11, Firefox or Opera. 

Besure to clear all browser caches, exit and then relaunch the browser. 

Message 2 of 6
Pugless55
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I did as you suggested and still could not edit or add to the list. Tried IE 11, Safari13.05 and Chrome 80.0.3987.87. Even tried factory resetting the router and tried adding a device to the list and it would not. Oddly enough after factory resetting and reloading the backup config file II was able to add (1) new device then after multiple tries could not add another one to the list. Doses not make any sense?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes seems odd, sounds like something is getting hung up for no reason. I would make contact with NG support on this.

@vkdelta 

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Pugless 

Can you provide some steps you take when you see this bug and maybe some screen shots our engineers are looking into this issue.

Thanks

Darren

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Pugless55 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I did as you suggested and still could not edit or add to the list. Tried IE 11, Safari13.05 and Chrome 80.0.3987.87. Even tried factory resetting the router and tried adding a device to the list and it would not. Oddly enough after factory resetting and reloading the backup config file II was able to add (1) new device then after multiple tries could not add another one to the list. Doses not make any sense?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7