Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100v not in Router mode, How to change Password?

Rew452
Aspirant

C7100v not in Router mode, How to change Password?

I am using a C7100v on Comcast as a Modem only no Wifi or Router functions and today they updated the firmware to 2.0.1.40. After which I login as usual and Netgear Genie wanted me to change password which was fine but it would not take and finally it gave me the option to exit and I could then login using the x.x.100.1 address.

But from these pages I could not find anywhere to change Password and http://www.routerlogin.net/ does not work what gives?????

How do I change my Password??

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7100v not in Router mode, How to change Password?

You might use a wired PC and web browser and log in to the modems web page there then change the log in PW if you need to. 

If this fails, set the modem back to router mode temporarily, make the change then set back to modem mode only. 

Message 2 of 6
Rew452
Aspirant

I thought of that but Why in the World would one have to go through that much trouble when using this in Bridge mode????

Really seems like a Bad oversite by Netgear.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible over site or since bridge mode is not used as much as full gateway or PW doesn't change much when in bridge mode, possible this didn't enough development. Maybe someone at NG can look into this. 

@vkdelta 

Message 4 of 6
Rew452
Aspirant

I agree, NG needs to address the non-router or bridge mode Menus.

First off they change access IP to xxx.xxx.100.1 which I have never seen before when selecting Bridge mode(non router) which makes it hard sometimes to get to as it is so far removed from the normal IP address range of a network.

Most modems just grey out the not used menus, very strange behavior. Many times it take  30 seconds or more to detect and get menus.

Most of all Password menus should be available no mater what mode is being used

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about then:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7