Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7500 Wifi dropping while ethernet still working

appendixman
Aspirant

C7500 Wifi dropping while ethernet still working

Hi All,

I have the Nighthawk X4-AC3200 C7500 modem/router combo on Spectrum Cable. It has been working well for the past year but over the past two weeks I've been having a problem where the wifi will drop out for ~10 mins at a time at least 4-5 times per day. During these wifi drops, all devices disconnect from the wifi and network name briefly disappears and then reappears, but it still takes some time to reconnect to the network. However, devices connected via ethernet still have connectivity while the wifi is out. 

I have power cycled and factory reset the device without any improvement. I have also tried changing wifi channels to less busy channels in my immediate area. I called netgear support who said my device was working fine and would not help me further without signing up for a subscription service.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am very disappointed in Netgear's customer support. 

Thank you all!

Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7500 Wifi dropping while ethernet still working

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? 

Message 2 of 4
appendixman
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply! I was previously using auto then switched to 2.4ghz channel 2 and 5ghz channel 153, as there were the fewest competing networks on those channels. There are 13 2.4 ghz neighbors and 32 5ghz neighbors. I did do a factory reset and setup from scratch but the problem has persisted. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 36 thru 48 on 5Ghz.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7