Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 2.4ghz unstable

Boosted_S2K
Follower

C7800 2.4ghz unstable

Recently got a C7800 (secondhand) and it was tested and working good but it was reset and I took it over and connected it with my ISP (Cox) and for some reason the 2.4ghz band is completely unstable however wired and 5g works great. I've tried different channels, multiple resets, factory reset etc. It will always show up in the wifi of whatever I'm using it for but majority of the time it will not hold a connection and constantly disconnect. One theory I have is the firmware is not up to date however it's impossible to update it on my end and even the nighthawk app won't let me connect to it as it says the firmware is out of date. It's firmware version is V3.01.40. Any help would be appreciated as we have multiple devices that run off 2.4ghz. Thanks!
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: C7800 2.4ghz unstable

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7