Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800-200NAS Firmware update issue

PNF
Follower
Follower

C7800-200NAS Firmware update issue

According to my Nighthawk App, my C7800 cable modem's firmware is out of date. When I try to update it on the app I get a message that says (Some error occurred while fetching remote devices). When I try again I get another message that says (Something went wrong, sorry about this. Please try again). I try again, same message. I went to routerlogin and nowhere does it give me an option to update the firmware. I went to Netgear Support and saw that only the ISP could update the firmware. When I called the ISP, I was informed they could not and will not update firmware for a third party unit. So at this point I need to know how to update the firmware. Hopefully the firmware update will keep my devises from buffering so often. Current firmware is V3.01.40 and my ISP is Mediacom

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800-200NAS Firmware update issue

Ignore the message seen on the NH app. 

For any C and CM series cable modem, ISPs are responsible to update FW. Users can not update these modems. However, some ISPs may not update user owned modems. The ISP, if that's there policy, then you'll have to use the modem as is. There is no other way to update it. 

This is cable modem industry wide. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7