Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 What is the best orientation for modem/router: Horizontal or Vertica

rceyler
Follower

C7800 Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 What is the best orientation for modem/router: Horizontal or Vertica

Am installing a new C7800 Router/Modem.  I am unsure of the right orientation.  If I set it Horizontal which it seems to want you to do, the LED's are not visible without using a ladder.  I am tempted to set it vertical so all the LED's are visible and can troubleshoot problems immediately.  any experience or advice would be appreciated

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800 Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 What is the best orientation for modem/router: Horizontal or Ver

Average users place modems on a desk or on a wooden shelf in a closet. I presume yours is in a closet up on a high shelf? Horizontal is preferred. However you could do vertical as long as you make sure there was adiquet air ventilation with the modem. Most of the time Horizontal is good enough. Only when there was a ISP service issue or maybe a WiFi issue would you need to check the LED behaviors. I do have a closet where the shelf is high. I have a collapsable step ladder that I bring out when needed. Keeps things handy when needed. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7