Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 Slow

mattg7
Aspirant

C7800 Slow

Nighthawk C7800 is slow wired or wireless. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6. I have Grande Communications 600MB but have been clocking about 20mb on ookla speedtest while wired. I called Grande and was told that my C7800 might be the problem. I don't know much about this but feels like there may be something I can do to help get the internet faster besides swap out a modem/router I paid a decent amount of money for. All I've done is off/on the router/modem so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800 Slow

While the tech is there, have the tech test both the NG modem and one of there modems to compare results. Then go from there. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and the modem logs? That helps check the connection back to the isp. 

Message 2 of 6
mattg7
Aspirant

Sorry, I'm quite new at this, is the attached what you're asking for, or something else?

Thanks again! @plemans 

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch then to s a wired speed test....

Message 4 of 6
mattg7
Aspirant

Thanks @FURRYe38 this is the coax cable I bought for running to the device, it is RG6...is this quality?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G5F8JF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was told by a phone rep for Grande Communications that my device may be an issue...seemed like a set-up for handing over more money...after sinking a lot of money into the gateway device, I'm trying to use it for a while before switching to their device. ISP is coming today to take a look, so all advice is welcome, thank you!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

While the tech is there, have the tech test both the NG modem and one of there modems to compare results. Then go from there. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7