Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7800 cable works no internet no WiFi

Jmurray32168
Aspirant

C7800 cable works no internet no WiFi

C7800 internet connected No info in or out
I have a netgear nighthawk C7800. It just quit exchanging data over the web. Called xfinity the signal is good. We have cable tv in all rooms works fine. We have 4 computers connected to this router through a D-link switch. So cable into the router line out to switch. Cat5 from my laptop to router. Cycled power on router 4-5 times yesterday. Cycled power on all desktops and the switch several times. Computers all say connected to netgear. Phones al show full strength connection to WiFi. Netgear genie shows cable connection stays good. BUT here’s the kicker no information in or out. All web browsers time out and you must turn WiFi off on phones and use 4glte
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Jmurray32168
Aspirant

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have a screen snip of your cable connections page and the logs? That helps us check the signal. Comcast is great at saying "the line's fine, it must be your equipment". 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you get internet access and services with a direct wired PC connected to the back of the modem with out this switch? 

What is the model# of this switch your using? 

@Jmurray32168 wrote:
C7800 internet connected No info in or out
I have a netgear nighthawk C7800. It just quit exchanging data over the web. Called xfinity the signal is good. We have cable tv in all rooms works fine. We have 4 computers connected to this router through a D-link switch. So cable into the router line out to switch. Cat5 from my laptop to router. Cycled power on router 4-5 times yesterday. Cycled power on all desktops and the switch several times. Computers all say connected to netgear. Phones al show full strength connection to WiFi. Netgear genie shows cable connection stays good. BUT here’s the kicker no information in or out. All web browsers time out and you must turn WiFi off on phones and use 4glte

Message 3 of 6
Jmurray32168
Aspirant

No. But for some odd reason everything came back up Sunday night. I think it was comcast

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Glad it's working again. Mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Jmurray32168
Aspirant

ok.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation