Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 modem firmware update

PetterJhon
Follower

C7800 modem firmware update

Hello everyone,,

I am trying to get updates to c7800 cable modem/router combo product. I am on Xfinity comcast. Your website under download section says ISP will update firmware. Comcast says they don’t update firmware and modem manufacturer does. So i spent $450 to deal with this cra# ?
Someone should sue netgear for misleading customers. Find a solution to this or I will initiate complaints with state attorney general and start a social media storm that will black list netgear and this modem. I have over 5,000 followers on twitter in the tech industry.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800 modem firmware update

ALL Cable ISP update cable modem FW. Not modem Mfrs. Modem Mfr develop the FW. Then hand it off to ISPs so they can make sure it works and certify it for there systems. Then ISPs will push when it's ready. 

"You cannot manually update your NETGEAR cable modem or modem router’s firmware.

NETGEAR provides your ISP with the latest firmware and your ISP updates your firmware.

If your firmware is out of date, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance."

However some ISPs won't update user bought modems. Thats something you'll need to ask the ISP about. 

Are you having a problem with your modem? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Slooow-downloads-w-FVS318N/m-p/1768475

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7