Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 shuts off 2.4ghz

sgoodman1138
Aspirant

C7800 shuts off 2.4ghz

Over the past 3 weeks, I have been having trouble with yhe 2.4ghz band on my router.  It seems that the 2.4ghz completely drops out (the light goes off on he router) and the only solution is to restart the router.  It is almost like the broadcast has been switched off but when I check the router settings, it still shows that the band should be  broadcasting.  I have tried factory resetting the router and that seems to clear up the problem for a short time but then it happens again.  I have checked for interference from neighbors and neighboring channels but that is not causing the conflict.  There is no impact to the 5 ghz band at all.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C7800 shuts off 2.4ghz

How old is the device? It could be hardware failure. 

What you can try? 

Factory reset the device back to stock and reinstall it. Maybe a setting is corrupt or having an issue. 

If that doesn't work, then I'd check into if you have a warranty or not. 

Message 2 of 6
sgoodman1138
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I have restarted and factory reset the device multiple times and it doesn't seem to correct the issue long term, only short term.  I am thinking that you might be correct that this is more of a hardware issue and my device could be failing.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@sgoodman1138 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I have restarted and factory reset the device multiple times and it doesn't seem to correct the issue long term, only short term.  I am thinking that you might be correct that this is more of a hardware issue and my device could be failing.

Message 4 of 6
sgoodman1138
Aspirant

Are you possible suggesting channel interferrence?  I routinely perform a channel scan so I can select the channel that my neighbor isn't using.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? 1, 6 and 11 are recommended on 2.4Ghz. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7