Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 with VOIP

BigEdge02
Aspirant

C7800 with VOIP

Setup: I have the Nighthawk C7800, with Xfinity gigabit internet, and I have VOIP telephone service.  The VOIP is conected to the 7800 via an adapter (ATA). 

Problem: Anytime the 7800 reboots I lose my 2.4 & 5 wifi connections, they literally disappear from all devices and are not discoverable.  I have to unplug the ATA (connected via ethernet port) from the 7800 and reboot.  After that the 2.4 & 5 reappear and I can plug the ATA back in and all is well.  Lately, the 7800 has been automatically rebooting almost every other night (no idea why), so this has become pretty annoying.

Anyone else experience this, or know what the issue could be?  Any thought or ideas on what I could do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C7800 with VOIP

what voip adapter is it? 

Does the C7800 reboot if the ATA isn't connected to it? 

Any old switches sitting around? Try going C7800-->switch--->ata adapter. 

Message 2 of 4
BigEdge02
Aspirant

Thank you plemans...

The adapter is from the VOIP provider (Voiply).

Haven't tried leaving the ATA unplugged since our home security system uses it but it would be worth trying to see if the ATA causing the reboots.  The reboots seem to happen the same exact time on days that it does it.

I will try the switch. I'm not totally sure, from a tech side of things, how this would change anything but I'm certainly no guru. Simple enough so definitely worth a try.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7