Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7800v2 Keeps losing connection daily atleast 5 times

MLGMorphine
Aspirant

C7800v2 Keeps losing connection daily atleast 5 times

Hello, I bought this router in 2019 and i didn't have problems with the internet until last year (2020) where my internet would just randomly disconnect from everywhere (pc,tv,phone etc) it'll stay down for about 5-10 mins and then it'll start working again. There is nothing connected via Ethernet, everything is through wifi.I've tried changing wifi channels (currently on 153 and it's working best for signal wise, getting about -50 - -52 on signal strength) I've contacted my ISP (Xfinity) and they said everything was fine and working as it should on their end, and told me to contact Netgear. I called Netgear, they got into the router, did some firmware update and they said it should be working as it should. Once Netgear did that the connection was pretty stable for a few months, but then the same problem started happening again and now it's more constant daily (bout 5 times daily where it goes down) At this point i do not know what else i can possibly do, any help is appreciated.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 6
MLGMorphine
Aspirant

How do i get to the modems connection status page? and channels are 11 for 2.4, and 153 for 5ghz (i chose 153 because that's the least channel used in my neighborhood) I also noticed in the event logs that the router was constantly getting requests for updating firmware, I disconnected the coax cable and returned the router to default settings. So far, about 1 hr in and it hasn't received any requests to update.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There could be a connections status page on the Advanced tab in that menu. 

If you facory reset the modem, the reboot may have triggered the update finally and hopefully was applied while you reset it and the modem rebooted. Something to Power OFF for 30 seconds then back ON should work as well. 

Message 4 of 6
MLGMorphine
Aspirant

Is this what you’re talking about?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors