Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 (AX2700) Nighthawk Slow Internet Speeds

TooManyBees
Follower

CAX30 (AX2700) Nighthawk Slow Internet Speeds

I just moved into a new place and bought a CAX30 modem/router to go with my new gigabit internet plan. When I run a speedtest directly on the router I usually see around 700-800mbs which ins't quite the 940 I'm paying for but I haven't even made it to that bridge to cross it yet. I have my PC hardwired into my router via CAT6 cable and the highest speed I have managed to measure on my PC is consistently around 250mbs. I have tried hardwiring several other devices into the router as well, all with similar results. Consistently around 250mbs. I feel like I have pretty well confirmed the issue isn't on my PC side and I spent some time on the phone with Cox verifying the issue wasn't on their side. The fact that I see these high speeds on the router but not on any of my devices seem to confirm that. 

I'm pulling my hair out here, I cannot figure out why I can't get these speeds on my devices. 

Notes: 

Model: CAX30 Cable Modem Router Combo 

Router to PC wire: Cat 6

Traffic Monitoring: Disabled

Access Control: Disabled
Parental Controls: Disabled

QoS: Can't find the option to disable this?

Router Speed Test Reported Speed: 700-800mbs

Hardwired devices reported speed: 250mbs

Wifi Speeds: 220mbs

Post Factory Reset: Same results 
Speedtest methods: Cox speedtest, ookla windows app (to avoid potential browser bottlenecks), google speed test, fast speed test

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX30 (AX2700) Nighthawk Slow Internet Speeds

Id contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this. If different wired PCs are seeing same low speed, I would persume the modem could be faulty. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7