Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80-100NAS keeps losing internet access

whitesox05
Aspirant

CAX80-100NAS keeps losing internet access

I bought it the CAX80-100NAS a few days ago and have to restart it daily because it just keeps stopping internet connection. When this happens I can not get both ethernet connection and wifi. I ahve called my ISP and they say that it shows connection is good on their end. So I'm at a loss. Have any of you run into this situation? Have you been able to fix it? If so, how? Do I just have a faulty device? I don't want to call support because I was there for an hour without response the last time I called.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: CAX80-100NAS keeps losing internet access

who's your isp?

If you log into your debug dashboard (ip address/debug.htm  for example 192.168.1.1/debug.htm) is your enable wan packet capture checked? if so, uncheck it. I've found when thats enabled, mine slows down after a period of time and if I reboot the router, it auto-enables for some reason

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

who's your isp?

If you log into your debug dashboard (ip address/debug.htm  for example 192.168.1.1/debug.htm) is your enable wan packet capture checked? if so, uncheck it. I've found when thats enabled, mine slows down after a period of time and if I reboot the router, it auto-enables for some reason

Message 2 of 4
whitesox05
Aspirant

@whitesox05 wrote:

I bought it the CAX80-100NAS a few days ago and have to restart it daily because it just keeps stopping internet connection. When this happens I can not get both ethernet connection and wifi. I ahve called my ISP and they say that it shows connection is good on their end. So I'm at a loss. Have any of you run into this situation? Have you been able to fix it? If so, how? Do I just have a faulty device? I don't want to call support because I was there for an hour without response the last time I called.

Thank you it was checked. I unchecked it and hopefully that works. My ISP is RCN

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7