Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 + Cox ISP Challenges: recurring disconnects

BEB7474
Star

Should I call NG to get the new firmware? You'd think they'd send it out automatically. I agree w/you about NG support. They are rude, hard to understand & impatient.
Ps. Does the CAX80 run better w/ new firmware?
Message 26 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Check with your ISP first to see. 

If not, try NG support and see. 

@BEB7474 wrote:
Should I call NG to get the new firmware? You'd think they'd send it out automatically. I agree w/you about NG support. They are rude, hard to understand & impatient.
Ps. Does the CAX80 run better w/ new firmware?

Message 27 of 35
Lurksalot
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make you aware my router FW portion of CAX80 was updated overnight to version 2.1.1.4.  My ISP is Cox San Diego.

I have not had a chance to look things over. However I was one of those who had an opportunity to get the beta version which was a minor version less than the one being pushed out. At the time the beta version had resolved a number of issues users listed here on the forums, including those I experienced, so I am sure this pushed out version will resolve a number of your problems.

If your ISP is Cox San Diego check you're device and if not yet push to you it is a matter of time.

Thanks.

Model: Dual Band
Message 28 of 35
My_Username
Guide

The router portion of my CAX80 updated to 2.1.1.4 last night.

I am on Xfinity in PDX.

The only difference I see so far is a popup asking if I want to sign up for a free trial period of Netgear Armor. No thanks.

Message 29 of 35
kulkarnipb
Tutor

I am on latest xfinity firmware for CAX80 and having daily 3 to 4 disconnects. 

Firmware Version V2.1.1.4

Anyone has any luck to solve this ?

Message 30 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@kulkarnipb wrote:

Message 31 of 35
kulkarnipb
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@kulkarnipb wrote:

Thank you. Seems hard reset solved the issue. I did reset yesterday after reading your suggestion and it is almost 20+ hrs since then and no disconnect at all today . Hopefully that is it ! Let's see. Thank youl 

Message 32 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. 

@kulkarnipb wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@kulkarnipb wrote:

Thank you. Seems hard reset solved the issue. I did reset yesterday after reading your suggestion and it is almost 20+ hrs since then and no disconnect at all today . Hopefully that is it ! Let's see. Thank youl 

Message 33 of 35
kulkarnipb
Tutor

Disconnects came back ! Here are the symptoms - 

1. All mac apple devices work. All ethernet connected devices work ( irresptive of apple/windows). No wifi connected windows/android devices work . Technically there is no issue on co-axial cable otherwise ethernet/mac devices would have face issues iwth internet too.  

2. 192.168.0.1 or router-login console won't work . Login prompt for userid/password never shows up. Browser keeps waiting. 

3. If you are connected to wifi , you stay conencted but there is no internet . Wifi settings shows "Connected without internet"

4. If you disconnect from wifi and try to establish new wifi connection, there is message "Connection failed". This applies to both wifi bands -2.4 and 5.

I am going to retrun this modem+router. I can't be Beta tester for this product when in Covid-19 my all house members need uninterrupted internet connection.  

Message 34 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements