Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 DHCP not working

Jjoshrtca
Guide

CAX80 DHCP not working

Like the title says. I’m just gonna repost lurksalot post from the link since it sums everything up that I and others are experiencing.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Cax80-keeps-dropping-internet-connection/m-p/1...

“ My Gateway: Nighthawk CAX80, FW V1.1.0.41 - just bought less than 7 days ago.

I am having the same, if not a similar, issue where I get the "connected, no internet" message. I primarily see this on mobile device. But end rebooting the CAX80. This is only impacting the wifi connection as I am hard wired to my work laptop with no issues. I am using a RG6 coax cable. I do not have any splitters, etc.

At the time where I re-attempted to connect to the wifi with the mobile phone I see this in the log;
(I replaced numbers with #)

[DHCP IP: 192.###.#.##] to MAC address dc:bf:e9:a4:eb:2c 1 Tue Sep 22 08:08:22 2020 192.168.1.43:0 0.0.0.0:0

When the CAX80 works as expected it performs well, but I need to try and resolve this before my return window closes. I have reset to defaults twice in the last few days.”
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is AX mode enabled? What happens if you turn OFF AX mode? 

Try setting a IP address reservation ON the CAX for your wifi device. 

What DHCP IP address pool range are you using? Default? Try setting a smaller size. 192.168.1.100 thru .200. 

What wifi devices do you have? Mfr and model#

Message 2 of 5
Jjoshrtca
Guide

Setting dhcp suffix to 100-200 broke it. No device can load anything now. Might just say f it and return this pos.
Message 3 of 5
Jjoshrtca
Guide

WELP I COULDN’T DO THAT BECAUSE LEVEL 1 TECH SUPPORT WOULDN’T LET ME RETURN IT WITHOUT PAYING FOR A WARRANTY I ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator to have them help you out.

@vkdelta 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7