Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 Port Forwarding Not working

TwoTabs
Apprentice

CAX80 Port Forwarding Not working

I am on firmware verison 2.1.3.5

I recieved my CAX80 a couple days ago

I have tried multiple times to forward ports manually. The only way i have been sucessfull to get to anything outside of my network (NVR) is by enabling UPNP on everything. That is leaving my network vulnerable to attack. Can anyone please explain how i can manually port forward. Everytime i try to port anything it tells me the port is already being used. Even when if i go to each device and turn UNPNP off on them. This is frustrating. This device was 400 bucks and ive already had tons of issues with it.

Message 1 of 8
TwoTabs
Apprentice

Bump.......

Message 2 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TwoTabs,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the modem. May we know which device are you trying to open ports with? What are the port numbers? ( you may DM this to us). What is your internet IP address? Are you getting an error messages when you try to use the device remotely?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 8
TwoTabs
Apprentice

to my NVR's and my Patch Management system. If i have UPNP on things work fine, but when i turn UPNP off and try to forward using manual port forwarding it keeps telling me that those specified ports are already in use. I would much rather be doing manual port forwarding since UPNP leaves the network at risk for attack

Message 4 of 8
TwoTabs
Apprentice

Just wanted to let everyone know that the port fowarding issue has been fixed with a beta firmware version that Netgear provided. Thanks again for all the help  🙂

Message 5 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TwoTabs,

That is good to hear.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

@TwoTabs wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the port fowarding issue has been fixed with a beta firmware version that Netgear provided. Thanks again for all the help  🙂

Message 7 of 8
jconradh
Aspirant

I'm glad the beta firmware works for you. The newest firmware, Firmware Version V2.1.3.7 solves the problem! 🙂

jeff

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7