Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 can't upload 5GHZ - DO NOT USE!!!

DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

CAX80 can't upload 5GHZ - DO NOT USE!!!

I have a trial firmware with a fix for the 5g upload issue if you would like to try it please send me a PM.

DarrenM

Message 1 of 4
StevoGman
Aspirant

Re: CAX80 can't upload 5GHZ - Beta FW Available

Hi Darren, I sent you a PM. I'd very much like to try this firmware trial.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Wanted to give my feedback here as well.

So after getting this setup over the weekend I wanted to let it settle in and bake a while. 

I've seen no disconnections from any devices.

I got around yesterday to test the 5Ghz upload performance and operation. 
Tested with a ASUS GT-AX11000 and a RAXE500 both in wireless bridge mode connect to the 5Ghz radio on the CAX80. 

Wired PC connected to each of the bridged units below and uploaded a 4Gb file to a dropbox location online. 

ASUS took a bit longer and saw some speed fluctuations about have way thru, however it completed. Took a good 20-25 minutes. 

RAXE was more stable with the upload speeds and remained mostly around 50Mpbs. Upload took around 10-15 minutes. 

Saw no upload errors or unexpected stop of the upload. 

Confirming this version of FW fixes the 5Ghz upload issue. 

Unfortunately the WAN to LAN speed is not working right. For me at least. Only seeing just under 300Mpbs on the down side on a 1Gb ISP service line. This was not present in prior FW version. Any one else notice this on a 1Gb service line on this version of FW? 

@DarrenM @olympos1625 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Avoid using v2.1.4.2 beta FW. Can cause the modem to stop accepting FW upgrades. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7