Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 keeps factory resetting every time

ewu297
Initiate

CAX80 keeps factory resetting every time

Seriously this needs to be fixed in the newer model or a firmware update

Currently - V2.1.3.7 had this issue since V2.1.1.4

Every time ISP disconnects due to maintenance or restarts the modem by unplugging it will cause it to factory reset. The whole process is very annoying to set up even with the configuration backup. The worse thing is that I need to be at home connected to the WIFI to set up the password.

Encounter this stupid error too, but can be fixed by messing with the site DNS.

NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

Applications like Microsoft Docs/Excel, Discord, or Steam can't connect to the internet sometimes too.

both issues fix themselves in time but I can't have it like that during an important time when I really need it.

Frustrating because the older model I had before (Netgear C6300-AC1750) at least keeps the settings and doesn't have issues like those.

Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be but whoever decided this is a feature please think about it a little more before this idea got through.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 keeps factory resetting every time

Try manually loading v.7 FW on the modem using Firefox or MS Edge browser. Once it's loaded, power OFF the modem by pulling the power brick for 1 full minute. Then back ON. After modem is ready, do a full factory reset and setup from scratch with same browser. I would use the ERASE button on the Backup menu page on the modems web page. 

Message 2 of 4
ewu297
Initiate

Tried that already
-factory reset
-downloaded fresh firmware to install again
I believe the reason it keeps doing this is because the reset on/off button was removed. Hardware keep crashing due to packet loss or ISP is down
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There should be a reset button in back.  Do you see the reset button hole in back. If you press the reset button do you feel a momentary bump in the press or nothing at all? If nothing at all, I would contact NG support and ask about an RMA. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7