Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 running FW 2.1.3.7 tells me Router Firmware Update is Available - but it isn't

My_Username
Guide

CAX80 running FW 2.1.3.7 tells me Router Firmware Update is Available - but it isn't

The message appears at the top of the web interface. The CAX80 checks for an update when I click in the message but there is never one available. 2.1.3.7 is claimed to me the latest on Netgears site.

This has been going on for about 1 week.

Is this just another CAX80 "Feature"?

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 running FW 2.1.3.7 tells me Router Firmware Update is Available - but it isn't

What FW version is currently loaded? 

If your modem is working, I'd not worry about it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/New-CAX80-Firmware-Version-2-1-3-7-Released/td...

Message 2 of 11
My_Username
Guide

2.1.3.7 as per post title.

Message 3 of 11
My_Username
Guide

Message 4 of 11
Kitsap
Master

It appears 2.1.3.7 is the most recent for the router (RG) section of your device.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod... 

The screen snip you posted indicates no new update is available.  This is consistent with the Netgear information at the link above.

Message 5 of 11
My_Username
Guide

A flag appears at the top of the screen telling me me a firmware update is available. It is clearly visible in the posted screen snip.

When I check for that update under Advanced/Administration/Router Update I am told no update is available.

Something is screwed up, how unusual?

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON? 

Might try a factory reset and setup from scratch and see if this clears the FW notification on the web page.

Message 7 of 11
Omnitron
Guide

Does the message go away if you manually flash the 2.1.3.7 firmware (vs just the auto update)?
Message 8 of 11
My_Username
Guide

Shutting power down and booting back up changes nothing. I am not interested in resetting or reloading the same firmware and setting up from scratch. I'll just consider this part of the Netgear owner experience.

I should mention that this does not happen 100% of the time. I might pull the web interface up 4 times in a row and see this. I might see this 50% another time and I'm 0 for 4 this morning.

Oh well - it got this message to the web.

Message 9 of 11
Omnitron
Guide

This issue seems fixed for me, around the same time everyone’s CAX80’s stopped rebooting every day.
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@My_Username wrote:

A flag appears at the top of the screen telling me me a firmware update is available. It is clearly visible in the posted screen snip.

When I check for that update under Advanced/Administration/Router Update I am told no update is available.

Something is screwed up, how unusual?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7