Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 show's NOW Only Power LED on

LucianD
Tutor

CAX80 show's NOW Only Power LED on

Hello all, I have a CAX80 that has only the power LED light on. Resets do not work and unable to access the unit at all to attempt a firmware load. Suspect hardware issue. Netgear will not allow me to send it in for repair since out of warranty period.

There is nothing wrong with my internet provider (XFINITY), because I ended up renting their equipment plug in and all worked

Is there any way to have the hardware repair?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 show's NOW Only Power LED on

Just wondering. If you disconnect the modem from the ISP coax line and pull the power adapter from the wall out let for 1 minute then plug back in with out connecting the modem to the ISP coax line, does the modem front LEDs change behavior at all? 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
LucianD
Tutor

Thanks for reply, but is there a solution to this issue? 

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

@LucianD If you read in the link, you're supposed to send your info via private message to one of the mod's listed. They might be able to help since you're out of your warranty period. 

Message 4 of 9
LucianD
Tutor

Thank you...I did send them messages on 7/8, but so far no response back. Such an unpleasant surprise for a this expensive piece of equipment to suddenly be non operational just a few months after the warranty expiration date.

I am hoping something can be done. 😡

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Just wondering. If you disconnect the modem from the ISP coax line and pull the power adapter from the wall out let for 1 minute then plug back in with out connecting the modem to the ISP coax line, does the modem front LEDs change behavior at all? 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@LucianD wrote:

Thank you...I did send them messages on 7/8, but so far no response back. Such an unpleasant surprise for a this expensive piece of equipment to suddenly be non operational just a few months after the warranty expiration date.

I am hoping something can be done. 😡

Message 7 of 9
LucianD
Tutor

Netgear Support contacted me and nothing can be done. Did a lot of settings and resetting's. Unit out of warranty, but maybe I will be approve for a replacement unit. At this time I was told that this unit is out of stock with no ETA on restocking.

Thank you for your support on this!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. 

I would personally go with a separate modem and router unit. Combo units are good and work well when they work. However when they go down it take down the entire unit and everything. Learned from experiences and seeing others with same thing. 

Having a separate modem and router is more flexible and you don't have to deal with the Modems FW as ISP take are of that when they should. Users are in control of the external routers FW and configurations. Makes management a bit easier IMO. If something happens, usually not both units go bad at the same time. Just have to troubleshoot either unit which isn't to hard. Its either a ISP service line issue, bad modem or bad external router, if and when that happens. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7