Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CG3000DV2 (N450) WMM settings missing from new firmware / general wireless failure.

invalidation
Guide

CG3000DV2 (N450) WMM settings missing from new firmware / general wireless failure.

I'm trying to disable WMM, as I suspect it causing an issue, however the options for it don't seem to be in the latest firmware issued by TWC / Spectrum (V3.01.06).

I've read that it's under `Advanced` -> `Advanced Setup` -> `Wireless Settings`, but I see no such options.

In addition, since this firmware update, the wireless grows slower throughout the day, eventually failing altogether (broadcasts ESSID, but does not respond to connection attempts). I have performed a factory reset, with no success.

If it's the firmware, I take it there's no chance this is going to be fixed in any reasonable time -- any chance I didn't just buy a plastic paper weight?

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Re: CG3000DV2 (N450) WMM settings missing from new firmware / general wireless failure.

I would recommend not disabling WMM.  If you do, you'll be limited to 802.11g speeds, which will max out at around 22 Mbps.

Message 2 of 5
invalidation
Guide

Re: CG3000DV2 (N450) WMM settings missing from new firmware / general wireless failure.

I'll take that under advisement. That's still a higher speed than I'm getting from all my wireless devices (averaging 4-5mbps down and 20mbps up across multiple tests on a 200/20 internet connection).  

Devices, when wired, are achieving full speed.

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

WMM is unlikely to be the source of your speed issues.  Try changing the Wi-Fi channel.  The current channel may be congested by nearby Wi-Fi networks.

Message 4 of 5
invalidation
Guide

The channel I'm on is fairly clear. To be clear, I've since connected another AP on the same channel with no speed issues at all.

This appears to be a firmware issue that is happening to others as well, after TWC very recently updated the firmware to v3.

Thanks for the responses, but it's become clear through other threads this this is not a user-serviceable issue.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7