Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CGD24N V2 - Telstra version of the Netgear C6300BD

ezio
Aspirant

CGD24N V2 - Telstra version of the Netgear C6300BD

Hi All,

I have a Broadband Cable Modem from Telstra Australia whose model number is CGD24N V2.

As far as I could determine from Telstra this is a customised version of the Netgear C6300 BD-1 (its netgear model number seems to be C6300 BD-1 TLAUS).

I also Have an R8000 router which I use to manage my home/home office network.

Both the modem and router have a factory default IP address of 192.168.0.1 so I re configured my router to 192.168.1.1.

This seems to work OK except that lately Windows10 has been complaining that I have two devices providing a NAT service and it is confused about it.

To solve this issue I reconfigured the Modem to be in Bridge mode by disabling the NAT on it.

Windows is no longer confused and, as far as I can tell, the network is functioning correctly.

Except now I AM CONFUSED.

Ever since re-configuring the Modem - I can no longer log into it to check the status or do anything else.

I found out what IP address it is given by the network and tried to sign onto that but it just times out, so it seems that in the bridge mode it listens to nobody except the cable network.

My questions are:

- Is this supposed to happen and if so why? Even with the old telstra cable modem I could log into it to do rudimentary status checks and simple maintenance.

- If it is not supposed to be like this could someone please tell me how to overcome it.

If it is supposed to be like this - I can live with it - BUT I DID NOT EXPECT SUCH A FEATURE FROM SOMEONE LIKE NETGEAR!!!!

Thanks

Ezio

Model: CGD24N|Wireless N Cable Modem Gateway
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ezio
Aspirant

Re: CGD24N V2 - Telstra version of the Netgear C6300BD

Hi All,

Sorry to have troubled you.

I found the answer in another post - In bridge mode the modem reassigns itself to the ip address  192.168.100.1

It just reconfirms that Netgear DOES make great products!

Ezio

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ezio
Aspirant

Re: CGD24N V2 - Telstra version of the Netgear C6300BD

Hi All,

Sorry to have troubled you.

I found the answer in another post - In bridge mode the modem reassigns itself to the ip address  192.168.100.1

It just reconfirms that Netgear DOES make great products!

Ezio

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7