Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM 1150V - Phone not working

RichW777
Initiate

CM 1150V - Phone not working

Bought the CM1150V for Comcast internet service/phone and the phone is not working. Was fine using Comcast's rented modem. Have internet service, but the phone using same wiring isn't working. Not  a techie so feel free to explain the various lines, attached is a picture of what I'm seeing when I log into the modem. Phone status is "Not Avaliable". Is it Comcast or something else?

Any help is great appreciated. 

Rich

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the ISP and have them check the singnal on the modem and any logs from there side. Have the ISP check everything up to the modem.

Try a different phone to compare. 

Message 2 of 12
jjmyers509
Aspirant

It must be a comcast thing that the phone has issues with this modem. Prehaps this model is to new and there people are not all properly trained on how to set it up?  I have the complete opposite issue, i subscribe to one line with comcast and when i go into the setting of the modem it says both lines are active. Both status lights remain solid after boot up and when your pick up the phone both lights blink. Also if i have phones hooked up to tel1 and tel2 and get a call, both lines ring. Looking in the user manual it states if there is only one line the the second light should be off. I have called comcast four times on this issue and all four times they assured me everything is correct and working on there end.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So if you only have 1 phone connected to Tel1, can you call out or receive any calls on Tel1? 

You may need to contact NG support about this. 

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Message 4 of 12
jjmyers509
Aspirant

Correct I can connect a phone to tel1 and receive and make calls. I can also connect a phone to tel 2 and make and receive calls. I have called my cell phone with both tel 1 and 2 and the same number come up on the caller ID. I have contacted NG support and they tell me it's a provisioning error on Xfinity's end, Xfinity tells me everything is good on there end.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So the main issue is that the front LEDs are both ON when you using either one of the TEL lines, one at a time? 

@vkdelta 

Message 6 of 12
jjmyers509
Aspirant

yes both leds are on and flash together when you use the phone on either port.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So other than this LED behavior the CM modem works ok? 

Maybe one of the forum moderators can comment. 

Message 8 of 12
jjmyers509
Aspirant

yes the telephone works fine, just works on both tel1 and tel2 with the same number

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if the ISP has provisioned different numbers for each Tel port, then should have different operations. 

@vkdelta 

Only other thing to try would be another 1150v maybe to see if 2nd unit does same thing or not. 

Message 10 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

they are typically mapped to same number unless you purchased 2 phone line service

Message 11 of 12
u15203
Aspirant

Same modem same issue. After lengthy trouble shooting without tech help I found the issue on my brand new modem. The modem transmission to the patch cable to connect to the house wire on the alternate pair of wires (black yellow) vs red green.
I had to rewire the jack that the modem back fed into the house with a short jumper and all phones working again.

This should not be wired this way from a factory product. Very disappointing
Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7