Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM 500 Cannot log in

Ricflair
Aspirant

CM 500 Cannot log in

I have above modem. I am using Chrome as a browser. I have followed all instructions on how to log into the modem including resetting the hardware. I am using the correct http://192.168.100.1 to log in. No matter how many times i have manually typed in the http or cut and paste my browswer times out and tells me it cannot locate the item i am searching. What am i doing wrong? I also tried to open it using IE. No luck. I have the modem connected to my laptop via an ethernet cable. my laptop is using wifi to connect to the web. the modem is powered up. 

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM 500 Cannot log in

You can't manually update FW on cable modems. This is done from the ISP side. Cable ISP handle all FW updates.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset with the CM modem disconnected from the ISP coax cable. Can you log in then? 

Does your ISP own this modem or is this modem a bought modem? 

Message 2 of 5
Ricflair
Aspirant

I own the modem. tried the reset. didnt correct issue. i just read about perhaps some active x is blocking it. not the case. i am totally stumped. Do i need to have the coax from the cable company fastened on to the modem? Info on the web says to do that on initial set up but i am merely trying to update firmware. 

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can't manually update FW on cable modems. This is done from the ISP side. Cable ISP handle all FW updates.

Message 4 of 5
Ricflair
Aspirant

Thank you for that tip.    That’s not explained in the install instructions.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7