Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Cox Connection Issues (Help!)

JJSB16
Follower

CM1000 Cox Connection Issues (Help!)

I've been experiencing really bad connections with Cox Cable (Santa Barbara) since 4/15.  At first the internet connection would go out around 10am every day, 4/15-4/17, and would come back on around 6/7pm.  One night I had to spoof that MAC address on my R7000 and that got it working.  On 4/17 it went out entirely until a tech came on 4/18 and replaced corroded connections in the box outside my house.  That fixed everything.  Then today the internet went our entirely around 6pm PST.  I was having a very very frustrating chat with Cox until about 8pm when the connection came back on. 

I pulled my modems logs for today which are attached.  A few other things that don't make sense are during the outtage this evening my modem settings read something unusual Startup Procedure.  The Connectivity State said Access Denied.  I told the cox person that and they wouldn't respond to it in the chat....Does anyone know what that seeting means?  Cox has no answers and my modem seems to be working fine.  Sometimes the modem is working when I connect directly to it but my R7000 wireless router has the orange light of death on the internet port.  I seem to be able to work around that with spoofing the MAC adrress when it comes up.  So its really hard to pin point whether this is a hardware issue (modem or router), ISP issue or what....  Anyone out there able to provide some ideas or guidance?  My wife and I are going crazy trying to work from home with spotty internet and a 4 month old.  Send help!!!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 Cox Connection Issues (Help!)

Log into the modem and get its modem cable connection page. It shows a snap shot of the connection back to the isp of the uploads and downloads. make sure ot get all the info off the page and post it back here. its beneficial to go with the logs. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in line, i'd recommend removing them. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7