Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 DOES NOT work with Suddenlink

SuperNASman
Aspirant

CM1000 DOES NOT work with Suddenlink

Well, the word is in.

CM1000 Modem (FW 2.01.14) DOES NOT work with Suddenlink.

Suddenlink came out and couldn't get it to provision. I'm just upset that I had to be the tester. Phone tech support couldn't get it to work either. They couldn't even get it to work with my existing 200Mbps plan, let alone gigabit.

Just wanted to let people know so that they don't waste $180 on the CM1000 modem, at least if they have Suddenlink for an ISP. I'll be leaving reviews on Newegg and Amazon shortly to spread the word.

Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM1000 DOES NOT work with Suddenlink

Hello SuperNAsman

This is a Docsis 3.1 modem that works with Xfinity internet and other providers in the future I would suggest contacting your ISP to see what modems they support before making a purchase.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
SuperNASman
Aspirant

Actually DarrenM, I did contact my ISP and see what modems they support before I made the purchase. Suddenlink said they supported the CM1000, but they were wrong.

Definition of a crapshoot.

Message 3 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

I did see your log on other forum channels (assuming you are same person). it looks like modem was not correctly provisioned modem was not downloading config files.

Please post your event log here.  

Message 4 of 9
Peevil
Aspirant

I wish I had read this first. I have Suddenlink and the "Tech" I spoke with on the phone was unable to get my new CM1000 working as well.

The Internet (Globe LED) just continued to blink and I tried going ahead and connecting to a computer. "No Internet" .

I was assured by the Suddenlink techs and Netgear that it would work before I purchased it. I'm wondering since my

Suddenlink service includes bundled phone (voice) services that use a splitter on the wall coax running to a separate

phone modem would somehow interfere with this modem working properly? I know the CM1000 says "Not Compatible"

with voice services but thats ambiguous. Does it not support voice or does the voice data stream disable the modem working?

Message 5 of 9
Coaie
Aspirant

Has anyone found the issue for this? And why suddenlink keeps saying the modem is compatible and cant get it to connect?

Message 6 of 9
WoodchuckTX
Aspirant

I very much hope Suddenlink will figure out how to support this modem.  The Arris router they have rented me with provides horrible performance for video conferences, etc because of the Puma 6 chipset latency.  If we can't get this working I'd like to try a 24 channel modem, but I'm not sure if they'll activate it.

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 7 of 9
Techlore
Apprentice

According to the CM1000 on Amazon it is compatible with Cox and Comcast. I would check there and see if it ever get's added, I'm sure NETGEAR would be all over adding Suddenlink, among others to that list. Pretty sure only Comcast was listed originally.

If you want to use it make sure that you contact your ISP first.

Message 8 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

We have tried to contact suddenlink number of times. they did not respond to our questions.

I think arris SB8200 is seeing same fate as well. 

you can request suddenlink or escalate to their management. 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7