Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 Modem connection issue

D-Jay1286
Aspirant

CM1000 Modem connection issue

Idk why my modem has connection issue, I contacted the internet provider and they said everything is good on their end. I tried restarting the modem and make sure the Ethernet cable is connected. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs from the modem?

what issue are you having exactly? (in detail)

If you have any spliters, amplifiers, or attenuators in the coax line, i'd recommend removing them. 

What speeds do you pay for? 
What speeds do you get directly connected to the modem?

Message 2 of 11
D-Jay1286
Aspirant

I don’t have anything in the coax line, I just plug in the wire into the modem. I have a 600 mbps internet plan but I have no internet connection right now. All the lights from the modem and the router are on. I’m not even sure if the problem stemmed from the modem or the router(They are both from Netgear).
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 

Connect a wired PC to the back of the modem with out the router in the middle, power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back on. Check for internet services and speed. 

Message 4 of 11
D-Jay1286
Aspirant

I tried connecting the modem to my laptop and it still doesn’t work. Does it means the problem stemmed from the modem?
Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

did you reboot the modem after connecting the pc? 

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs from the modem?

Message 6 of 11
D-Jay1286
Aspirant

How do I access the connection table and event log when my internet doesn’t work?

I tried typing 192.168.100.1 into the web browser but it said the site can’t be reached
Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

what are all the led's on the cm1000 doing? 

Message 8 of 11
D-Jay1286
Aspirant

All the lights are on, the Ethernet one is flickering though, is that normal?
Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

blinking/flickering just means its passing traffic. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cm1000

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset or power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON with  the CM modem with a wired PC connected to the back of the modem. Then try 192.168.100.1...

@D-Jay1286 wrote:
How do I access the connection table and event log when my internet doesn’t work?

I tried typing 192.168.100.1 into the web browser but it said the site can’t be reached

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7