Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 Modem not connecting to ISP

Tortoises
Tutor

CM1000 Modem not connecting to ISP

When I turn on my modem the power light turns solid green, then all the lights underneath blink green and then blink amber before all off them turn off and just the bottom light with the 3 squares and a line between them turns solid amber and then it just starts all over doing this cycle without ever connecting or stopping unless I turn it off or unplug it. I had no issues before and this happened after I had to move the modem and router to a new room. I've tried power cycling and the reset button.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Tortoises
Tutor

Nevermind I figured it out. My idiot self had the power cable for the modem and another wireless signal thing mixed up and when I switched them it worked. Consider this case solved

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Disconnect the ISP coax cable from the modem.

Press the reset button in back for 10 seconds, then release. 

Does the power LED turn ON and the Download LED blink only with out other LEDs turning on? 

Message 2 of 4
Tortoises
Tutor

Holding the reset with the isp coaxial did not affect the light cycle. After the blinking the ethernet light will be solid amber and then a few seconds later the power will light up solid green and then the cycle resets with just the power being on and then the blinking
Message 3 of 4
Tortoises
Tutor

Nevermind I figured it out. My idiot self had the power cable for the modem and another wireless signal thing mixed up and when I switched them it worked. Consider this case solved
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7