Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 RCN won’t Connect

iambland1990
Aspirant

CM1000 RCN won’t Connect

I have a CM 1000 modem I just bought from bestbuy. When I try to connect it to RCN they keep saying they are showing a MAC error, but the max they are using is identical to what my unit displays. Weirder still while it won’t connect to RCN it does show an xfinity registration page.
All the lights are green with the bottom one blinking occasionally. RCN shows it’s connected so what gives?
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 RCN won’t Connect

@iambland1990 wrote:
I have a CM 1000 modem I just bought from bestbuy. When I try to connect it to RCN they keep saying they are showing a MAC error, but the max they are using is identical to what my unit displays. Weirder still while it won’t connect to RCN it does show an xfinity registration page.
All the lights are green with the bottom one blinking occasionally. RCN shows it’s connected so what gives?

Was it an open box special from bestbuy or returned?

Do you have both RCN and Xfinity at your location?

What mac error are they reporting if they're saying that RCN is showing it as connected?

Message 2 of 4
iambland1990
Aspirant

It wasn’t an open box return, as for if there is Comcast and RCN I suppose so, it’s a fairly large complex so I would assume some people have Comcast, but it was showing that after the RCN tech came to do the install. They are showing something like invalid MAC address or it’s not registered on there system.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

comcast does an automatic validation. Something seems a bit off if its taking you to a comcast activation page but RCN can see the device on their network. I'd try a 2nd person at RCN to try to activate it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7