Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 Security and logging bug

celilo
Aspirant

CM1000 Security and logging bug

I recently purchased a CM1000 with which I am experiencing issues.

I am in the process of resolving issues with Comcast that are resulting in the modem continually logging errors. Eventually the log screen shows zero errors which would lead one to believe that the issues have been corrected, however, that is not the case. Once the log is cleared, the errors resume or the modem fails to load the log due to a parsing error. The modem appears to run out of RAM for the purpose of logging about every 24 hours.

Furthermore, the modem password resets to the default password everytime the logging issue occurs opening the device to attack.

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

What FW are you on? what logs are you referring to? Event logs?

Can you reproduce password reset issue every 24 hours? 

Message 2 of 5
celilo
Aspirant

Yes, the only log that I see in the modem is the event log under advanced. Firmware is V2.01.15.

I can't say that the  password reset is every 24 hours, but it regularly occurs about every day. I can safely say that it always happens within 48 hours, and is almost definitely related to the issue with the log.  I believe the log issue is related to the size of the log rather than a specific time period.

I'm betting that this would not occur if the log did not overflow.

Message 3 of 5
Danny80916
Luminary

Hey you know I have kinda a similar thing going on every time I clear my log the same error shows back up but if I leave the one error in the log it does not show the same error happening again but if I clear the log the error of starting unicast shows up but if I leave it it never shows the error happening on a different day or time
Message 4 of 5
celilo
Aspirant

Danny80916, that appears to be a different issue. In my case, all logging stops until I clear the log or reboot the modem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7