Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 | Solid Amber Lights on everything but power

jawnny_five
Tutor

CM1000 | Solid Amber Lights on everything but power

About a year ago, I set up a CM1000 to work with Comcast (or Xfinity, whatever they want to be called these days) and it worked fine.

I have recently moved and decided to keep using my own modem, the exact same CM1000.

I called Comcast and had them whitelist/register the MAC against my new address.

After power-on, the US/DS/Internet/LAN lights will go green and appear to be working, but after 10 seconds or so, they all go solid amber (except power, which stays solid green). My PC loses the Ethernet connection entirely (like the LAN port on the CM1000 has been disabled).

If I connect the CM1000 to a different coax jack in the house, it doesn't do this (the US light just blinks green, which leads me to believe something about the signal Comcast is sending is causing the issue).

I decided to factory reset the CM1000 and after doing so, I can access the login prompt through 192.168.100.1, but the default credentials don't work (admin / password).

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000 | Solid Amber Lights on everything but power

Have you check with the ISP to ensure the signal levels on the service line are to spec and not over or under levels? 

Check the user manual for default admin log in settings. 

Try using a different web browser. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7