Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Xfinity issues

Jwaldrip25
Aspirant

CM1000 Xfinity issues

Internet keeps working then it stops working. Have multiple T3 time outs also have messages in the event log that are critical what should i do? How to fix issue?
Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM1000 Xfinity issues

T3 timeouts typically a issue with the ISP connection to the modem I suggest calling your ISP and have a tech come check your lines.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Jwaldrip25
Aspirant

So is the issue because the modem is DOCSIS 3.1 and Comcast don’t work well with it yet? Because i connected an old modem and it’s working okay.
Message 3 of 7
mrcudo
Aspirant

Having similar issues with multiple drop outs per day. Comcast says their end is fine. Tried different routers about to try swapping modems.
Message 4 of 7
Jwaldrip25
Aspirant

You most likely have a network virus. I fixed mine and it have been working great every since. Download hitman pro and run it so it can scan your computer and then you will follow the prompts to delete the viruses. It’s a virus on your computer changing your dns so it’s messing everything up
Message 5 of 7
Stryker396
Aspirant

I'm also having connection issues.  The log shows sync errors.  Previous forums said to reset the modem with Xfinity and have it update the firmware to v3.01.04, which should have fixed the problem, however, I'm currently running V3.01.06 and it still cuts out from time to time.  Very frustrating. I've enclosed my connection page. Any thoughts?CM1000 - Cable connection table.PNGCM1000 - Event log.PNG

Message 6 of 7
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Your power levels are out of whack.

Downstream should be close to 0dBmV. 10-11 is dB is too high

your Upstream power levels way beyond spec and I am surprised it is even working with this power. You need to reduce the upstream power to mid-high 40s.

please call your ISP asap to fix your levels. 

You can post it here on as well and people will say the same.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcast 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7