Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 goes from green flashing LAN to red flashing LAN. Internet speed drops from 235Mbps to 94Mbps

cprguy
Aspirant

CM1000 goes from green flashing LAN to red flashing LAN. Internet speed drops from 235Mbps to 94Mbps

Within 12 hours of a modem reset. My internet speed goes from maxing out my 200Mbps comcast connection to 94Mbps. I've noticed the LAN lights on the modem start out flashing green, but change to flashing red. Does this mean my modem connecting to my router is going from a !Gbps connectgion to a 100Mbps connection? That's what it feels like.

Hardware Version2.02
 CM1000
Firmware VersionV2.01.15
Message 1 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM1000 goes from green flashing LAN to red flashing LAN. Internet speed drops from 235Mbps to 94

@cprguy

it should be Green > Amber..

Amber means it is operating in 10/100 Mbps mode. you want to check your Router is ok and also swap ethernet Cable. Some times, router's WAN port may negotiate lower rate (rare)...

Message 2 of 3
cprguy
Aspirant

Re: CM1000 goes from green flashing LAN to red flashing LAN. Internet speed drops from 235Mbps to 94

Swapping the cable is a good idea. Netgear tech support suggested I contact Comcast and have them check the power levels to the modem as well. But it makes more sense that it might be a cable/router issue. Tplink c7 archer router was stable at 130mbps with my previous modem.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7