Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 not passing internet to RAX80 but will pass internet to laptop via ethernet

threeOne
Aspirant

CM1000 not passing internet to RAX80 but will pass internet to laptop via ethernet

ISP: COX

Hardware: CM1000, RAX80 - both new with latest firmware

Problem: My CM1000 modem will not pass internet to an RAX80 router.  I tried connecting on a different RAX80 and got the same result.  However the CM1000 will pass internet to a laptop via ethernet. 

What I've tried: Power cycling, factory reset.

Screenshot: I attached a screenshot of the NETGEAR genie Cable Connection page for the CM1000.  I don't know a lot about this piece of hardware but here are a list of potential anomolies I see.  Not sure if these mean anything.  

1. In Downstream Bonded Channels - Channel 1 has a Channel ID of 21.
  2. In Upstream Bonded Channels - 5 - 8 are empty.
  3. In Downstream OFDM Channels - 2 is empty.
  4. In Upstream OFDMA Channels both 1 and 2 are empty.

What should I look for? 

Thanks so much for any help or advice!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
threeOne
Aspirant

Re: CM1000 not passing internet to RAX80 but will pass internet to laptop via ethernet

Holy smokes I found the problem!  As I looked through my advanced settings I found that IPv6 was disabled.  When I turned it on everything worked.  Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

it looks like your modem connections are fine. They look good. 

What are you isp settings in your router?

What are you ipv4/6 settings on your router?

Do you have wan link aggregation disabled?

Have you tried swapping ethernet cords?

Here's the route that should be followed. 

1. power down and disconnect all devices from router/modem. You put you've reset the router but try 1 more time before power down.

2. power up modem and only modem. give it a couple minutes to boot with nothing plugged in.

3. plug modem into wan port on router. 

4. Turn on the router. Give it a couple minutes. The RAX devices take a bit to boot.

5. Then follow the RAX setup instructions.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX80 

Message 2 of 3
threeOne
Aspirant

Holy smokes I found the problem!  As I looked through my advanced settings I found that IPv6 was disabled.  When I turned it on everything worked.  Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7