Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 on TIme Warner / Charter

unrulycow
Aspirant

CM1000 on TIme Warner / Charter

I am on Time Warner Cable (soon to be Charter) in Maine. I am looking into getting a CM1000, but it only mentions Comcast on Netgear's page.  Does anyone know if it will be supported once Charter gets around to upgrading to DOCSIS 3.1?  Naturally I've already asked TWC, and their support people have no idea.

Message 1 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

CM1000 is not supported by ISP you have mentioned. 

Message 2 of 8
thehinac
Guide

Ummm it's Doc 3.0 compantable... Soooo... Why exactly does it not work with Time Warner when other Doc 3.0 modems off the shelf do?

Message 3 of 8
unrulycow
Aspirant

I bought it anyway and it does work with DOCSIS 3.0.   It remains to be seen when they eventually upgrade to 3.1

Message 4 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

D3.1 is backward compatible with D3.0 and NOT D2.0.

If your ISP is running either D2.0 modes on any path, it is not compatible. Have you see any D3.1 modem certified by them? Have you seen any D3.1 trials? Probably not.

Message 5 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

It will be a hit on miss depending on area which you land in. dealing with CSRs may be easy job for everyone as well.

Message 6 of 8
thehinac
Guide

Did anybody say anything at all about D2.0? No. They didn't. Just 3.0. They still have hooked on phonics downloadable somewhere. 🙂

Message 7 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

yes, D2.0 for above mentioned ISPs. Dont assume they have full D3.0 everywhere in both forward and return path nationwide. 

D3.1 is not compatible with D2.0. It needs full D3.0 atleast.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7