Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 possible issues

WOWisSLOW
Follower

CM1000 possible issues

My current provider is Wow Way, I recently upgraded my internet plan from 100 Mbps to gigabit with them and have had nothing but problems. I have tried the ARIS SB8200 along with WOWs modem and now CM1000 (Firmaware v3.01.04) and have been seeing similar speeds on all. My speed test range from 250 - 600 Mbps, usually they peak around 500 Mbps and drop to 250 by the end of the test. These speeds are with my laptop connected directly to the modem.

I have had 2 technicians out so far. The first replaced all cable ends along with a new line to the house and the difference was marginal. That is when he attempted to use his modem which still made no difference. He then called in reinforcements and used some meter directly at the pole connected to the splitter and said the frequencies are all over the place and they need a maintenance technician to come out and replace the drop. Supposedly someone came out and replaced the drop yet my internet never went down and my security camera never caught anyone climbing the pole.

I then had another technician come and explained the issue and what has been done. He hooked up his laptop directly to the modem and saw similar speeds and said it could possibly be my router....... I explained to him that the router isn't even in the loop right now. He then climbed the pole and moved my cable to a different port hoping that would make a difference. Unfortunately that made no difference. He then called his supervisor for troubleshooting advice. Apparently the advice wasn't anything helpful since he came inside with a paper for me to sign saying he has good news and bad new. The bad news is WOW can not guarantee speeds when I am using my own modem therefore there is nothing more he can do. Ok so if I rent your modem you'll have to fix the issue and I'll have gigabit speeds? Uhh no not exactly he says. So I use my modem and get slower than advertised speeds or I use your modem and get slower than advertised speeds..... What the good news then? You can lower you speeds to 500 Mbps he says.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like this whole issue is ridiculous. I'm hoping someone can notice something from my cable connection or event log to narrow down my issue before I pay my termination fee and move to comcast.

link to screenshots https://photos.app.goo.gl/yVPvo7huWpvDc4tf7

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000 possible issues

If your seeing slow speeds across more than one modem, then this would be a ISP service issue. Not a modem issue. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7