Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 requiring rebooting several times a day (Comcast)

vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Tr4vis

yes, in most cases public message is better.

some of the information I am asking user is related to their CM MACs, location, etc and if they are willing to work with 1:1 on debugging with some specific tools with support from ISP Operations team (those details cannot be posted online directly). some users may not be willing to give all these information in public.

with @Gnat_HC help we have already started debugging with the ISP. 

Co-incidently, both of you are from same area and we are checking it it is related to specific location. from the early updates, it looks like it is related to RF plant in that area.

I am checking with the 3rd person who just posted if it is same area as well. 

Message 51 of 67
azleatherneck
Aspirant

So what is the status of this FW has it solved the issues? I just upgraded my service and am looking to purchase this modem but if its still haveing issues on Comcast I will wait.

TIA

Message 52 of 67
antantr
Aspirant

I'm having the same problems with my modem. Have you guys found a solution?

Message 53 of 67
thehinac
Guide

Just picked up an Arris SB8200 instead. I'm getting 360Mb/s. On TimeWarner's 300Mb plan. It's 3.1 Docsis modem. People. The answer is simple. Return the modem. Don't put of with the lies and crap netgear is feeding you. 

This Arris SB8200, it's not connecting at 3.1, just 3.0. But it's working, know why? Because it says it's backwards compatible, and they meant it. They didn't lie like netgear. It states it's not compatible with TimeWarner yet at 3.1. But you know what? Not one reboot. Sold, rock steady though put. Straight line on speed tests. I run game servers so I demand the best. Have too. Can't have nonsence like you all are dealing with. It's just retarded. Don't put up with it. Take it back, send it back...

Message 54 of 67
Prcheek
Aspirant

Trust me, if I was still able to return my cm1000 and x10 router, I would. Netgear support is complete crap. I've called at least 10 times today and I've either been hung up on or the line will keep ringing and no one will answer. Was also promised a call back and got nothing.

I will NEVER buy another netgear product.
Message 55 of 67

I just received my CM1000 today and so far I have had no issues.  I have comcast and I was trying to find a way to get a new WAN IP address and came across this thread.  I just wanted to share that my fw is 2.01.15.  I think most of you have the .14 version.  Perhaps there is hope.

i still need to test mine, again I've only ran it for about 8 hours so far.

My Hardware version: v2.02

I did a quick search, and I can't find any fw for the CM1000, but now you know a newer version exists. 

Message 56 of 67
BoDEAN
Apprentice

Has this issue been fixed?

Message 57 of 67
BoDEAN
Apprentice

Message 58 of 67
Roystempy
Aspirant

The issue has not been fixed so far for spectrum customers
Message 59 of 67
luiscarlosciuda
Aspirant

im having the same issue with comcast i actually thought it was a faulty mdm and exchanged it but has the same issue locks up about 20-25mpbs and after a pc goes back to 200mbps that last for about 48hrs is there a update on a fix if not im going to take mdm back and get a arris mdm they just released 3.1 mdms as well

Message 60 of 67
Roystempy
Aspirant

Really? Are they already in stores?
Message 61 of 67
luiscarlosciuda
Aspirant

They are available on Amazon I'll check best buy this weekend
Message 62 of 67
IslandTime
Aspirant

I am having the exact issue!  I'm going to leave a comment on Amazon in addition to emailing Xfinity that they should remove this absolutely horrible product from their recommended list.  What a  disgrace and poor excuse for a prodcut!!!

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 63 of 67
jimradzicki
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on Cox and can copy an almost identical log with the exception that I have fewer correctable and high uncorrectables on a certain channel (getting cox to investigate that). Modem has restarted and dropped internet. I have a CM1000, R9000 and R7000...almost everything is hardwired. Cox has been out nothing short of 7 times to review and no one has any definitive answers.

Message 64 of 67
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@jimradzicki

Please post your power values and event log details here

Message 65 of 67
jimradzicki
Aspirant

Interesting, the overall problem was solved for me and several neighbors.  Cox replaced a mini-amplifier in the box at the street. However, I found the item that had the largest impact to overall network stability was unplugging our Ac1200's extenders. interestingly, we each had one on our individual networks and removing them resolved the overall issues.

Message 66 of 67
HaywooDiablo
Aspirant

I have Comcast and just noticed:

Firmware Version 
V3.01.02

Anybody have details?

It's been pretty rock solid for a few months now.

Message 67 of 67
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7