Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 v2 only 16 channels locked, 400 mbps on 1 gig service

betty23
Aspirant

CM1000 v2 only 16 channels locked, 400 mbps on 1 gig service

Dear all-

I've been reading other threads on this forum though I don't feel confident about reading the power levels, etc.  I have a CM1000 v2, RCN 1 Gig service.  I don't exceed 400Mbps though. 

My logs are empty - no errors or anything like that.  However, I've noticed that only 16/32 channels are locked.  Shouldn't 32 be locked? or at least more than 16? 

I took the modem outside of the house and connected it directly to the RCN line.  Tested both outside with a cat 6 cable on a 1 gig ethernet port yields the same result as testing inside my home via my router on another computer - 400 mpbs max.  I've reset the modem using the button on the back and by using the software interface.  No difference.

I've called RCN - they tell me the only thing they can do is send out a technician.  On the RCN speed test website it does say that I have 1000 Mbps service.  I'm just not getting that speed.  Does anyone have any advice?

I've attached the power levels page.  Your expertise would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thank you!

betty

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 v2 only 16 channels locked, 400 mbps on 1 gig service

I've had people over the phone send the wrong provisioning before. You can attempt to have them re-provision it. 

The best bet though is the technician coming out. You're levels are a bit out of spec but not horrible. You only want around 3.5dbmv (roughly) between your channels. Of those that are locked, you go from 1.1 to -4.7dbmv. so a 5.8dbmv difference. Plus with the channels not locking, havin a technician check the line is important. 

I think the tech on the phone saying you're pulling full speed is a bit fos (full of s**t). 🙂 

what website are you using for speedtesting? 
I've found ookla has struggled to find a server to saturate gigabit at times. try several different sites/servers to test on. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7