Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1100- Can't Get To Access Control

Scott80B
Aspirant

CM1100- Can't Get To Access Control

Out of the blue most of my devices (all laptops, phones and ipads) cannot connect to my wireless network.  I have Access Control configured and it is blocking them.  My security cameras are still connecting.  I therefore cannot connect via any of the above devices to the app to check allowed / blocked devices.   When I connect though a Windows PC through the hardwired network port I get

Netgear01.PNG

Netgear02.PNG

Under 

Advanced Home

Cable Information

Administration

Modem Status

Set Password

Event Log

Advanced Setup

Ethernet Port Aggregation

The Tab/Link to Access Control to see devices doesn't appear under any of these options.

A page with Cable Connection, Wireless, Network Map, Parental Controls, Ready Share, Guest Network appears quickly then is overlayed with a page showing just Cable Connectrion.

NETGEAR03.PNG

I have tried Chrome, Edge and IE.

Also I have performed a factory reset.

The devices are still being blocked.  It's like access control is On but with no allowed devices,

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1100- Can't Get To Access Control

The CM series of modems does NOT have wifi or built in router. 

Odd to see wifi and parental controls on this page in the bottom picture. The first two pictures are correct and should be all that is seen for the CM1100 modem.

Do you have a external router connected to the CM modem? Brand and model please.

Be sure you clear out all browser caches before entering the modems web page. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The CM series of modems does NOT have wifi or built in router. 

Odd to see wifi and parental controls on this page in the bottom picture. The first two pictures are correct and should be all that is seen for the CM1100 modem.

Do you have a external router connected to the CM modem? Brand and model please.

Be sure you clear out all browser caches before entering the modems web page. 

Message 2 of 4
Scott80B
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  Something you said got me thinking.   I set this up over a year ago and haven't had to touch it.  I mistakenly was thinking that the CM1100 was where the router changes (Access Control entries) were stored. I thought the cube looking hardware (the MR60) was just a signal extender.  There are two of these that came with the system.  Once I removed my head from my &$$ and performed a reset on the MR60 router it cleared out the entries for allowable devices.  I am now able to log in to the wireless network.   

You didn't give me the solution / answer but definitely  asked me the right question.  Thank you.  

My apologies for being an idiot.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you figured it out. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7