Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1100 Cannot get Xfinity Gigabit Speed after 1 year of trying

CRoman247
Follower

CM1100 Cannot get Xfinity Gigabit Speed after 1 year of trying

I truly have all but given up hope of getting decent speeds on Xfinity with this modem. I subscribe to the Gigabit service and like many, many others I have seen on this forum have been unable to get the 9xx+ or so "Gigabit" speeds they offer. I am able to get those speeds with the exact same connection by switching to xfinity's modem but do not want to waste $15/m on renting that equipment when I have purchased a $150+ CM1100 modem. I typically get 200-400gbps on speedtest (speedtest.net, xfinity speedtest, fast.com, etc.) I have seen small bursts up to 600 for like less than a second at times but it always comes back down to 200-400 range. I am using Hardware 2.02 and Firmware v2.01.02. Not that i can upgrade or downgrade that myself. The modem has been reset to factory settings multiple times. I have had xfinity bring a tech out multiple times. I've even given in and swapped the modem for the xfinity one a few times just to get more reliable 800-900 mpbs speeds. But I just wanted to, one last time, reach out to netgear and the community and see if there is any help to be had with this. For testing the speed (Althought it shouldnt matter since with the xfinity modem i am getting the expected speed) I am using the above mentioned speedtest sites and a windows pc connected directly to the modem. I do have one line splitter (But again it should not matter since the xfinity modem works perfectly in the exact same spot). Comcast has sent multiple technitian to verify my internal/external connections are fine. I can reproduce this issue on any device that connects to my home network (Mac/pc/ios/android on wifi or wired gigabit connection). 

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1100 Cannot get Xfinity Gigabit Speed after 1 year of trying

Possible the modem is just faulty and needs to be replace. I would make contact with NG support and file a support ticket:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Ask about a RMA. 

Good Luck. 

@CRoman247 wrote:

I truly have all but given up hope of getting decent speeds on Xfinity with this modem. I subscribe to the Gigabit service and like many, many others I have seen on this forum have been unable to get the 9xx+ or so "Gigabit" speeds they offer. I am able to get those speeds with the exact same connection by switching to xfinity's modem but do not want to waste $15/m on renting that equipment when I have purchased a $150+ CM1100 modem. I typically get 200-400gbps on speedtest (speedtest.net, xfinity speedtest, fast.com, etc.) I have seen small bursts up to 600 for like less than a second at times but it always comes back down to 200-400 range. I am using Hardware 2.02 and Firmware v2.01.02. Not that i can upgrade or downgrade that myself. The modem has been reset to factory settings multiple times. I have had xfinity bring a tech out multiple times. I've even given in and swapped the modem for the xfinity one a few times just to get more reliable 800-900 mpbs speeds. But I just wanted to, one last time, reach out to netgear and the community and see if there is any help to be had with this. For testing the speed (Althought it shouldnt matter since with the xfinity modem i am getting the expected speed) I am using the above mentioned speedtest sites and a windows pc connected directly to the modem. I do have one line splitter (But again it should not matter since the xfinity modem works perfectly in the exact same spot). Comcast has sent multiple technitian to verify my internal/external connections are fine. I can reproduce this issue on any device that connects to my home network (Mac/pc/ios/android on wifi or wired gigabit connection). 

Message 2 of 4
Seenin
Aspirant

I am in the same boat. Really want to use this modem but am capped out at 400 on a good day. Switch over to the xfinity **bleep** modem and it jumps to 800-900 consistantly. Upload speeds are the same.  I purposely bought this because of good reviews and not wanting to pay $15 a month but unless I want to make use of the gig connection I am paying for then out the door with the CM1100. Can I get a refund or swap this one out for a router?

@CRoman247 wrote:

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Only thing that you haven't done is tried the CM modem with out the line splitter. Something the could be causing problems though it doesn't with the ISP modem, the CM modem maybe more sensitive to this splitter. Over all seems like you have exhausted troubleshooting options. Sounds like the CM is just faulty and needs to be RMAd. Something to contact NG support about. Not much we can do here in the forums. 

I just put my CM1100 online last friday and on a 1G line. This is a wired speed test result with a PC connected thru a Orbi RBR50 connected to the 2nd port on my CM modem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/...

@Seenin wrote:

I am in the same boat. Really want to use this modem but am capped out at 400 on a good day. Switch over to the xfinity **bleep** modem and it jumps to 800-900 consistantly. Upload speeds are the same.  I purposely bought this because of good reviews and not wanting to pay $15 a month but unless I want to make use of the gig connection I am paying for then out the door with the CM1100. Can I get a refund or swap this one out for a router?

@CRoman247 wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7