Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1100 Connects then disconnects with two amber lights on uplink

Jerky_san
Tutor

CM1100 Connects then disconnects with two amber lights on uplink

A few days ago my CM1100 appears to have started acting up. It would randomly disconnect during the night making me have to power cycle it in the morning. This came to ahead today at around 1PM when it would connect and about 20 seconds later disconnect with 2 amber lights on the lan ports(even though only 1 lan port is even populated). I kept power cycling it going through this attempting to get a capture of the event log but it appears to freeze or something as it doesn't write anything out to the event log. My ISP asked if I could switch to my old modem to see if it was better as they didn't see anything on their end so I did and so far I've not had an issue with it. Could the modem be bad?

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Besure there are not coax cable line splitters between the modem and ISP service box. 

Use good quality RG6 coax cabling up to the modem. 

Contact the ISP and have them check the line signal and quality UP to the modem. 

If all is good up the the modem, the modem could be faulty and needs to be replaced...Try another to see. 

@Jerky_san wrote:

A few days ago my CM1100 appears to have started acting up. It would randomly disconnect during the night making me have to power cycle it in the morning. This came to ahead today at around 1PM when it would connect and about 20 seconds later disconnect with 2 amber lights on the lan ports(even though only 1 lan port is even populated). I kept power cycling it going through this attempting to get a capture of the event log but it appears to freeze or something as it doesn't write anything out to the event log. My ISP asked if I could switch to my old modem to see if it was better as they didn't see anything on their end so I did and so far I've not had an issue with it. Could the modem be bad?

Message 2 of 4
Jerky_san
Tutor

Thanks for the response. It's a coax I ran that is straight to the box a while back that I tried to make the dbmv as close to 0 as possible. The tech they sent out yesterday said the signal was one of the best he has seen. Showed me a graph showing the difference between each channel and it being a fairly straight line. We hooked my old modem up as a test and so far the old modem hasn't had any troubles. If it runs for another day or two without issue then guess I'll need to return this one.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sounds just just a bad unit is all. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements