Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1100 firmware upgrade (Comcast / Xfinity )

wen0097
Aspirant

CM1100 firmware upgrade (Comcast / Xfinity )

My CM1100 is running on Firmware Version V2.01.02. The connection is not stable recently.  I lost the internet in the morning  a few times and I can see there were two bottom lits red, and all other lits were off.  Most of them time, I can reboot and it will work, but I rebooted it 4 or 5 times this morning to make it work.

I chatted with them and they said I need to upgrade the firmware, I told them to do so.  They pushed a few times, but all failed.  

My  CM1100  is just a few months old, which ordered from costco, details as 

Hardware Version2.02

Firmware VersionV2.01.02 

Anyone had this issue?

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
wen0097
Aspirant

A technician came and looked at modem this afternoon,  and then he verified this firmware upgrade must be pushed from ISP.  He rebooted my modem but can not upgrade it.

He did call me around one hour after he left.  He told me to have a "factory reset"  and test it again. In fact, the factory reset  solved the issue. I have Firmware Version V6.01.0 running now on it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs from the modem?
post them here. it helps us to check the line. 

If you have any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers, I'd recommend removing them. 

FYI, firmware comes from the isp. And modem firmware changes usually aren't major changes that are going to improve stability. The CM1100 is a pretty rock solid router and had pretty solid firmware from the start so I doubt that would impact your connection stability. 

Message 2 of 3
wen0097
Aspirant

A technician came and looked at modem this afternoon,  and then he verified this firmware upgrade must be pushed from ISP.  He rebooted my modem but can not upgrade it.

He did call me around one hour after he left.  He told me to have a "factory reset"  and test it again. In fact, the factory reset  solved the issue. I have Firmware Version V6.01.0 running now on it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7