Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1150V Horrible stability on Xfinity

Ron-M
Aspirant

CM1150V Horrible stability on Xfinity

I was a very early user of the CM1150V (I can elaborate further, if necessary) and at the time it worked fine with my Xfinity service, but LACP was not yet enabled.

I switched to an ARRIS T25 last year, and later in the year, upgraded to Gigabit Xfinity service.

I noticed that LACP was supposedly enabled in the latest CM1150V firmware, so I swapped it in last weekend. The thought being that if all looked good, I would potentially purchase an LACP-capable router. I verified soon after activation that it had been updated to V2.02.04 firmware.

Once the CM1150V was activated, I experienced horrible stability issues, such as:

• The upstream LED would be solid for the first few minutes after boot, but before the first hour it would typically begin blinking, which I believe indicated potential low signal issues. My downstream speeds were as expected, but upstream speeds were about half as expected.
  • The Internet connectivity would drop randomly multiple times an hour, for anywhere from seconds to minutes at a time. Most of the time when the connection was down, the Internet LED would still be solid green, but I'd be unable to ping the WAN gateway IP address.

I performed some troubleshooting with Xfinity and they did not see any issues.

I left the CM1150V in place for at least 24 hours and there was no improvement in stability.

I then removed the CM1150V, put the ARRIS T25 back in place, worked with Xfinity to activate, and my Internet connectivity is rock solid again.

Any ideas?

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've so far only had issues with the consumer implementations of link aggregation. Some are on the router side, some are on the modem side. I've tried the netgear cm1100 and the arris sb8200. Neither were 100% stable on it. 

I wouldn't recommend using it. 

Most users aren't going to saturate a gigabit connection and if they do, its for brief periods. Even testing sites struggle to saturate gigabit. 

Message 2 of 5
Ron-M
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

I've so far only had issues with the consumer implementations of link aggregation. Some are on the router side, some are on the modem side. I've tried the netgear cm1100 and the arris sb8200. Neither were 100% stable on it. 

I wouldn't recommend using it. 

Most users aren't going to saturate a gigabit connection and if they do, its for brief periods. Even testing sites struggle to saturate gigabit. 

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't say I had a high priority on getting it working, but maybe it's an even lower priority based on your info.

With that said, I still wouldn't mind anyone else's input on why the CM1150V could be so unstable/unreliable for me.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

do you have a screen snip of your modem's cable connection page and your logs? 

Message 4 of 5

LACP is still bugged on the latest firmware, Netgear claims they have a firmware that works but Comcast has yet to release it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7