Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1150V LACP maximum throughput issues per port

networksteve
Aspirant

CM1150V LACP maximum throughput issues per port

Does anyone know if there has been some progress made on the LACP issues for CM1150V and Xfinity? I currently have 4.02.02 pushed and while aggregation is working, I am being limited on throughput per port.

I can run each port about a maximum of 600-700mbps. My Internet is provisioned for 1.2Gbps which I believe is actually overprovisioned to 1.5Gbps. I am able to do two simultaneous tests and get a little over 600MBps for each concurrently, however neither port 1 or port 2 on the CM1150V will ever peak above 700Mbps individually. If I unplug either port on the modem I can watch 802.3ad work and the other path takes over. At that point I can max out a single port at 935Mbps by just having one or the other disconnected even without rebooting.

A similar LACP issue was resolved with the CM1200 a while back after years of forum posts, so will we be getting this fix for the voice modem? With the CM1200 I saw people had LACP working but it would degrade within a short period of time. When I plug my second port(or first) back in the speed immediately caps out at 700 again. Thank you in advance.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1150V LACP maximum throughput issues per port

Something to contact NG support about to let them know what your experiencing. 

Each port on the Cm modem is rated at 1000Mpbs max connection rate. so at most, on a 1000Mpbs wired connection, you'll only see around 900Mpbs on a single port. If you can use LAG on a router or PC that can connect with LAG enabled, then I presume you should see well over 1000Mpbs. Depends if you can take advantage of this speed on the client side as well. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
networksteve
Aspirant

How do I report this? It wants a support contract for almost the cost of the device for me to be able to open a case. I'm not paying for a support contract to report an issue with their firmware that they are well aware of and has never worked since the product shipped. Any recommendations on getting this firmware issue submitted?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Send a PM to a forum moderator. 

@DarrenM 

@Christian_R 

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will report this issue to the engineers.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you Sir. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo